Senate Committee on Health & Human Services
Sam Houston Building, 420
Video/Audio — Archives
85th First Called Session
85th Regular Session
- May 22, 2017 — 6:50 PM
- May 22, 2017 — 1:00 AM or upon adjournment; audio only.
- May 19, 2017 — Audio only.
- May 17, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- May 15, 2017
- May 10, 2017
- May 4, 2017
- May 3, 2017
- April 26, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- April 19, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- April 12, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- April 5, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- March 29, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- March 22, 2017
- March 20, 2017
- March 8, 2017
- March 1, 2017
- February 22, 2017
- February 15, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- February 2, 2017
The following reports are available for download:
Interim Charges: 2017 Hurricane Harvey Response
- Review the state's response to Hurricane Harvey with a focus on public health efforts at the local and state level. The review should include an analysis of the state and local response related to vector control, immunization needs, utilization of health-related volunteers, adequacy of an emergency medical network, evacuation of vulnerable populations from state operated or regulated facilities, and coordination between all levels of government. Recommend any legislative changes necessary to improve public health response and coordination during and after a disaster.
- Evaluate the impact of Hurricane Harvey on the capacity of out-of-home placements and care for youth involved with the juvenile justice and child welfare systems. Determine how the state can ensure support is available to provide appropriate care as close to home as possible as facilities and offices are rebuilt.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Disaster-SNAP programs following Hurricane Harvey in impacted areas.