Leticia Van de Putte
Jenee Margo Gonzales
Sam Houston Building, 345
Video/Audio — Archives
80th Session Interim
- September 16, 2008
- September 9, 2008 - Audio only; Joint hearing in San Antonio with the House Committee on Defense Affairs and State-Federal Relations.
- August 11, 2008
- May 13, 2008 - Audio only; Joint hearing in El Paso with the Base Realignment and Closure Subcommittee.
- April 1, 2008 - Road meeting in San Antonio; audio only.
80th Regular Session
Hearing Documents and Press Items
- October 10, 2008 – TEA provides support to regions expecting student enrollment surges due to base realignments
- September 16, 2008 – Senator Van de Putte Holds Veteran Affairs and Military Installations Committee Hearing
- September 8, 2008 – Veteran Affairs and Military Installations and Defense Affairs and State Federal Relations to hold interim hearing in San Antonio, Texas
- September 3, 2008 – State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, Chair of the Texas Senate Committee on Veteran Affairs and Military Installations, to be awarded medal by National Guard Association of the United States
- August 20, 2008 – Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, Chair of the Texas Senate Committee on Veteran Affairs and Military Installations, Responds to Gov. Perry's call for Higher Education Benefits for Veterans and their Families
- June 25, 2008 – Senator Van De Putte Applauds Efforts Of U.S. Department Of Education & U.S. Department Of Defense
- April 4, 2008 – Sen. Van de Putte Welcomes New Director of Veteran Affairs and Military Installations (VAMI) Committee
- March 31, 2008 – Wounded Warrior Day in San Antonio: Senate Committee on Veteran Affairs and Military Installations to hold hearing
The following reports are available for download:
- Examine any existing state veteran hiring and procurement preferences and procedures and make recommendations for improving and enhancing these programs to increase efficiencies and maximize funding.
- Study veteran reintegration issues, including the occurrence of post traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, substance abuse problems, and domestic violence and other family issues. Make suggestions regarding what the state could do to supplement and enhance related services for veterans and their families, focusing on state military forces veterans and reservists. Include an assessment of the implementation of SB 1058, 80th Texas Legislature, relating to reintegration counseling services.
- Study state services and benefits for injured service members and their families who are recovering from their injuries and rehabilitating in Texas. Make recommendations on how to better serve them.
- Study the relationships between military installations and the surrounding communities and make recommendations addressing encroachment and quality of life.
- Examine ways that "The Fund for Veterans Assistance" established by H.B. 3107, 80th Texas Legislature, could be maximized to the benefit of Texas veterans.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Veteran Affairs & Military Installations Committee, 80th Legislature, Regular Session, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation. Focus on the implementation of the Texas Veterans Commission (H.B. 3426) and Texas Veterans Land Board (H.B. 3140) Sunset reviews.