Leticia Van de Putte
Sam Houston Building, 345
Video/Audio — Archives
79th Session Interim
79th Regular Session
Hearing Documents and Press Items
- January 4, 2007 – Updated list of Texans fallen in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom
- July 19, 2005 – 79th Texas Legislature Regular Session Veteran- and Military- Related Legislation
- May 13, 2005 – Van de Putte Issues Statement on BRAC
- April 18, 2005 – Senator Van de Putte Congratulates New Texas Adjutant General Chuck Rodriguez
- April 13, 2005 – Texas Senate Honors The Brave Heroes of The World War II Bataan March
The following reports are available for download:
- Examine issues and problems with overseas military voting and explore the possibility of establishing a single point of contact for Texas military voters. Consider requirements of the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act and review systems established in other states.
- Compile an inventory of state veterans' benefits, including health care facilities and nursing homes across the state, the state veteran cemetery system, job training programs, educational benefits, and re-employment rights issues, and the Texas Veterans Land Board Loan Programs, and make recommendations for improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor the implementation legislation transferring the veteran employment programs under the Texas Workforce Commission to the Texas Veterans Commission. Monitor the implementation of legislation establishing a database in the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board that tracks veterans' usage of the Hazlewood higher education tuition exemption.