The Texas State Senate: Veteran Affairs News Release
For Immediate Release:
Date: July 19, 2005
79TH TEXAS LEGISLATURE REGULAR SESSION
VETERAN- AND MILITARY- RELATED LEGISLATION
- SB 101 (Van de Putte/ Sp. McClendon) - Relating to electronically monitoring certain veterans' and dependents' tuition exemptions.
- SB 143 (Wentworth/Sp. McClendon) - Relating to the extension of certain deadlines for certain professionals serving on active duty in the military.
- SB 144 (Wentworth/ Sp. McClendon) - Relating to trustees of military reservation school districts.
- SB 212 (Shapleigh/Noriega, Melissa) - Relating to the provision of employment services by the Texas Workforce Commission to the families of military personnel stationed in this state.
- SB 252 (Estes/Fraser/Seliger/Shapleigh/Van de Putte/ Sp. Delisi ) - Relating to a project of a development corporation in connection with a military base or facility.
- SB 318 (Staples/ Sp. Hopson) - Relating to creating a recognition day in remembrance of the Texian Navy.
- SB 579 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Corte) - Relating to the eligibility of children of certain military personnel to receive Texas B-On-time loans.
- SB 580 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Rose) - Relating to the installment payment of ad valorem taxes by certain veterans.
- SB 581 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Corte) - Relating to the powers and duties of the Veterans' Land Board.
- SB 678 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Noriega, Melissa/Escobar ) - relating to the designation of part of Interstate Highway 35 as the Purple Heart Trail.
- SB 776 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Noriega, Melissa) - Relating to persons eligible to administer or take a high school equivalency examination.
- SB 828 (Janek/ Sp. Eiland) - Relating to the eligibility of certain property owners to file a late notice of protest with an appraisal review board.
- SB 863 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Corte) - Relating to the administration of promotional examinations to certain firefighters and police officers who are members of the armed forces on active duty.
- SB 955 (Seliger/ Sp. Noriega, Melissa/Merritt/Corte/Berman) - Relating to awards for certain members of the state military forces serving on active federal military duty.
- SB 1090 (Madla/Sp. Menendez/Corte) - Relating to the powers and duties of a defense base development authority.
- SB 1105 (Madla/ Sp. Uresti/Corte) - Relating to defense adjustment management authorities.
- SB 1186 (Nelson/ Sp. Guillen/Noriega, Melissa) - Relating to the effect that certain orders relating to family violence and certain decisions regarding military service have on residential leases; providing civil penalties.
- SB 1217 (Seliger/Estes/Van de Putte/ Sp. Corte) - Relating to the punishments authorized under the Texas Code of Military Justice.
- SB 1227 (Shapiro/West/Sp. Morrison) - Relating to public and private postsecondary educational institutions, including enrollment in those educational institutions, payment of the costs of attending those educational institutions, and financial aid and other measures to assist students to pay those costs.
- SB 1342 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Campbell) - Relating to unemployment compensation eligibility and chargebacks regarding certain spouses of military personnel.
- SB 1345 (Van de Putte/ Sp. Berman) - Relating to the amount of emergency leave granted by state agencies to state employees on unpaid military leave.
- SB 1479 (Shapleigh/ Sp. Corte) - Relating to deferred presentment transactions of certain military personnel or their spouses.
- SB 1480 (Shapleigh/ Sp. Uresti) - Relating to the powers and duties of the Texas Veterans Commission.
- SB 1481 (Shapleigh/ Sp. Corte) - Relating to powers and duties of the Texas Military Preparedness Commission.
- HB 18 (Corte/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to the persons who may inspect or obtain a copy of a military discharge record under the public information law.
- HB 25 (Delisi/Escobar/Anderson/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to admission to and transition assistance within the public school system for school-age dependents of military personnel and other students.
- HB 133 (Brown/ Sp. Ogden) - Relating to the award of academic credit to a student at an institution of higher education for the completion of certain military training.
- HB 260 (Goodman/ Sp. Averitt) - Relating to suits affecting the parent-child relationship, protective orders, and collaborative law.
- HB 322 (Hupp / et. al/ Sp. Estes) - Relating to concealed handgun licenses for members and veterans of the United States armed forces.
- HB 370 (Farabee/Sp. Madla) - Relating to deferred disposition of certain traffic offenses by certain holders of out-of-state driver's licenses.
- HB 503 (Guillen/ et. al/Sp. Fraser) - Relating to tuition and fee exemptions for certain military personnel and certain children of those personnel.
- HB 685 (Rose, Berman/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to the requirements that apply to certain armed forces personnel who apply for renewal of a concealed handgun license.
- HB 720 (Berman/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to the members of a local workforce development board.
- HB 858 (Kolkhorst/Cook, Robby/ Sp. Armbrister) - Relating to the issuance of a marriage license to applicants who are unable to personally appear before the county clerk.
- HB 1058 (Pickett/ et. al/ Sp. Zaffirini) - Relating to high school diplomas for certain veterans.
- HB 1076 (Crabb/Guillen/Anderson/Eissler/Escobar/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to waiving hunting and fishing license fees for certain military personnel.
- HB 1116 (Solomons/Hamric/Truitt/Dunnam/ Sp. Nelson) - Relating to the governmental entities subject to the sunset review process.
- HB 1170 (Miller/ Sp. Shapleigh) - Relating to readmission to a public institution of higher education of students who withdraw to perform active military service.
- HB 1318 (Dawson/ Sp. Jackson) - Relating to the state providing grave markers for certain members of the state military forces.
- HB 1630 (McReynolds/ Sp. West) - Relating to an excused absence from a public institution of higher education for a person called to active military service.
- HB 2064 (Goolsby/ Sp. Carona) - Relating to private club alcoholic beverage permits issued to a fraternal or veterans organization.
- HB 2336 (Corte/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to reimbursement of certain expenses for members of the Texas Military Facilities Commission.
- HB 2340 (Corte/Leibowitz/Sp. Shapleigh) - Relating to grants and loans for certain economic development projects to assist defense communities affected by the federal military base realignment and closure process.
- HB 2604 (Guillen/ Sp. Van de Putte) - Relating to preferences for veterans in state-funded job training or employment assistance programs and services.
- HB 2931 (Delisi/ Sp. Fraser) - Relating to the authority of a municipality that includes or is near a defense base to issue bonds for facilities to be leased to the federal government.
- HB 3113 (Corte/ Sp. Seliger) - Relating to performance incentive awards for certain employees of state agencies who provide services to veterans.
- HB 3162 (Noriega, Melissa/ Sp. Ellis) - Relating to the temporary replacement of a member of a political party's county executive committee who enters active military service.
- HB 3163 (Noriega, Melissa/ Sp. Shapleigh) - Relating to the membership of the Texas Military Preparedness Commission.
- HB 3302 (Corte/ Sp. Shapleigh) - Relating to the membership and powers and duties of the Texas Military Preparedness Commission.
- HCR 74 (Solomos/ Sp. Harris) - Honoring the 56th Brigade Combat Team of the 36th Infantry Division, Texas National Guard, for its courageous service in Iraq.
- HCR 118 (Orr/ Sp. Nelson) - Honoring all who have served in the U.S. Marine Corps since September 11, 2001, and especially the members of Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 234.
- HCR 138 (Martinez/ Sp. Hinojosa) - Memorializing Congress and the Department of Veterans Affairs to support the veterans of South Texas by building a veterans hospital in Weslaco, Texas.