The Texas State Senate: Senate Natural Resources Subcommittee
Senate Natural Resources Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Affairs and Coastal Resources
Video/Audio Archives [ 79th | 78th | 77th | 76th ]
80th Session Interim
80th Regular Session
Player Download Site
The following reports are available for download:
- Study the economic development impact, benefits and costs of the Fuel Ethanol and Biodiesel Incentive Program. Analyze and make recommendations regarding the following areas of interest:
- state cost versus economic benefit, including any impact on the price of feed for livestock and food for human consumption;
- the program as compared to other state and federal incentives;
- any federal legislative or administrative changes relating to the program; and
- options to encourage research and new technologies and market based incentives and competitive feedstock issues including feedstock development.
- Study the impact of funding increases and their effectiveness for the Coastal Erosion Planning and Response Program and provide options for possible future funding sources.
- Study the economic impacts and unintended consequences of allowing whitetail deer raised on deer farms in Texas to be legally processed for venison. Study the interstate shipment issues with venison from other states currently faced by Texas restaurant suppliers.
- Study the impact of the thoroughbred and quarter horse industries on agriculture in Texas, specifically the reasons for decline in those industries over the last several years.
- Study the growth potential for rural economic development through the wine and grape industry as a result of expanded traditional agricultural operations and expanded agritourism.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Affairs & Coastal Resources, 80th Legislature, Regular Session, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete the implementation. Specifically, monitor the implementation of HB 2819 relating to enforcement of the Open Beaches Act. Additionally, monitor the implementation of the federal 2007 Farm Bill and determine the impact on the Texas agricultural industry.