Joint Committee on Water Resources
The Committee shall conduct an interim study and make recommendations regarding:
- Increasing the efficient use of existing water resources;
- Developing sufficient long-term financing strategies;
- Improving existing water conveyance systems;
- Water marketing
- determining the appropriate role of environmental and wildlife concerns in water permitting and water development; and
- protection of the natural condition of beds and banks of the state-owned watercourses.
The Joint Committee may call and hold hearings, and shall:
- meet at least annually with the TNRCC and the TWDB, and
- consider information relating to:
- encouraging the effective development of water marketing and water movement;
- prioritizing the use of state funds for financing the development and conservation of water resources, and
- measures for encouraging donation of water rights, for protecting instream uses.
Interim Report (PDF - 476 kb)
PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing problems accessing the pdf file try "right-clicking" the link above and choosing "Save (Link/Target*) As..." to save the file to your computer and open it from there.
(*Depends on Browser)
To view and print PDF files, you will need Acrobat Reader, available free of charge from Adobe Systems Incorporated.