The Committee shall:
- determining the nutritional content and quality of foods and beverages served to public school children, including food service meals, a la carte foods, and competitive foods and food provided in vending machines;
- evaluating the short-term and long-term financial, psychological, and physiological impact of obesity in public school children;
- assessing the academic, emotional, and health value of a universal breakfast and lunch program by evaluating school children from school districts that provide each child a free or reduced-price breakfast and lunch;
- evaluating school contracts relating to competitive food products and vending machines.
The following reports are available for download*:
* You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the reports, click here to download a free copy.