The Texas State Senate: Senate Subcommittee on Base Realignment and Closure
Senate Subcommittee on Base Realignment and Closure
The following reports are available for download:
- Monitor national and overseas BRAC developments and Department of Defense redevelopment efforts.
- Monitor and analyze the closure process for the following installations and communicate with district Senators and communities: Naval Station Ingleside; Brooks City-Base, San Antonio; and Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant.
- Monitor and analyze the realignment of the various installations across the state, including but not limited to, Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Fort Bliss in El Paso, and Red River Army Depot in Texarkana.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Subcommittee on Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC), 80th Legislature, Regular Session, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation. Focus on implementation of the following:
- SB 962 relating to school districts affected by troop reassignments at military installations,
- SB 1237 relating to defense base development authorities,
- SB 1724 relating to the Texas Military Facilities Commission,
- SB 1743 relating to the Red River Redevelopment Authority,
- SB 1956 relating to areas affected by defense restructuring, and
- HB 3879 relating to defense base development authorities.