Clerk: Pat Hicks, (512) 463-0370
Charge To The Subcommittees:
Each Finance Subcommittee shall for agencies within its jurisdiction as enumerated in the FY'98-99 Budget (Appropriations Bill, HB 1) report and:
- Evaluate the usefulness of the agencies' performance measures;
- Analyze the agencies' accuracy in reporting on performance measures;
- evaluate agencies' budgets and identify reasons for differences in budget requests and appropriated amounts;
- examine the history of agencies' unexpended balances and the causes for those balances;
- evaluate agencies' caseload, population or enrollment forecast methods; and
- monitor agencies' responses to State Auditor reports;
- Analyze agencies' line-item strategies and determine if they are essential to and reflective of the agencies' missions;
- Review increases and decreases in the number of agencies' full- or part-time employees and use of consultant/contract individuals; and
- Evaluate all (i) judgments; (ii) settlement agreements; and (iii) pending legal claims, whether or not asserted in a lawsuit, which will or may impact agencies' FY'98-2001 budget periods.
Charge To The Finance Committee:
- Based upon the work of the Finance Subcommittees, make any necessary recommendations for legislative or state agency action.
- Review the use of riders in the Appropriations Bill and recommend guidelines to evaluate proposed riders for appropriateness and legality.