The Texas State Senate: Senate Committee on Government Organization
Senate Committee on Government Organization
Video/Audio Archives [ 81st | 80th | 79th | 78th ]
82nd Session Interim
82nd Regular Session
The following reports are available for download:
- Investigate the costs and benefits of cost-effectiveness analysis in state agency rule making and consider the development of cost-effectiveness standards for all state agencies.
- Examine ways to ensure the protection of state information and electronic data from unauthorized access and cyber threats.
- Study the state bidding process, auto-renew clauses in contracts, and contract management protocols to ensure truly competitive bidding and the highest-quality service for taxpayers at the best price.
- Evaluate state policy regarding energy savings performance contracts and determine whether policy changes are needed to ensure that state agencies and institutions of higher education obtain their contractually guaranteed savings so that all contract costs are recovered.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Government Organization, 82nd Legislature, Regular and Called Sessions, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation.