The Texas State Senate: Senate Committee on Government Organization
Senate Committee on Government Organization
Video/Audio Archives [ 79th | 78th ]
80th Session Interim
80th Regular Session
The following reports are available for download:
- Study the function, structure, funding and operations of the State Energy Conservation Office (SECO). Identify opportunities to maximize the impact and further the mission of SECO, and support SECO's role in achieving energy efficiency reporting requirements and targets established through legislation.
- Examine criminal background check requirements across Texas health and human service, law enforcement, and education agencies, as well as other licensed professionals. Determine best practices, develop cross-agency standards, and make recommendations for reducing costs and streamlining the process.
- Study the economic and security costs and benefits, both short-term and long-term, of adoption of an open document format for state-created documents.
- Study whether Texas should adopt high performance building standards. In light of the potential impact of Texas' population growth on the need for electricity and water, study whether high performance buildings can cost-effectively lower utility costs and make more efficient use of natural resources.
- Study options for developing a new master-planned campus to serve the needs of state government and provide for future growth. Consider locations accessible to the government center, as well as relative property values and lease rates. Consider divestiture of certain real estate assets within Travis County to take advantage of favorable market conditions and the cost and benefits of reducing reliance on leased facilities. Coordinate activities with the Texas Facility Commission and the General Land Office.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Government Organization Committee, 80th Legislature, Regular Session, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation.